Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Daily 16 Bars: Day 83

*wrote to "ghetto" by Fabolous*

I moved every 2 years all my life//
So I've seen every level of strife//
I lived where the cubans used to move that coke-ah//
Wondering through the crack house, sexy mami's on the sofa//
I'm from where its hoes of all ages//
I mean real hoes who fuck for any dollar denomination//
Lived in a small city where it was mostly cousins//
You got fam on both sides of the struggle, cripping and blooding//
Out here, abortions is like birth control//
Too many mother, not enough fathers, sad I know//
Welfare everywhere and poor healthcare//
Looking for that sign that says "we take EBT/food stamps here"
There's a liquor store on every other corner//
Had to go up there often with a letter from my mother//
For cigs or anything she was too embarrassed to ask for//
Hood parties and dances is like sex on the dance floor//
Every ghetto has a rapper(that's me)//
Someone to broadcast your blocks pain and laughter//

No comments:

Post a Comment