Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Daily 16 Bars: Day 52

I wrote this because the Pasadena Black History Parade was today and I went. I love my city and I saw all the reasons why

Dammit, I love my city//
The skyline at night time's so pretty//
Don't act like old town aint cracking//
So many heads, like sardines in a can, we packed in//
I wouldn't have it no other way//
Brought here after I was born in the bay//
The city where I wrote my first rap//
Fell in love with my first hood rat//
The city where I busted my 1st nut//
Found out later she was a slut//
City where a fight broke up the Source Awards//
Me and Tony stole everyday when Rite Aid was the Thrifty store//
The city where I met the homebody named Mister//
Where I met my best friends slash brother and sister//
Rose bowl, rose parade, UCLA games//
Blood chicks who body too thick for a picture frame//

No comments:

Post a Comment